In love with eating and eating well!
In 1974, at the age of fourteen I began my career with a two year apprenticeship in my hometown of Belfort, France. This was followed by seasonal stints in the provinces: seasons in Pornichet in the Loire Atlantic at the Flor de The, Michelin 1*; Serre Chevalier (in the Alps) hotel restaurant Serre Chevalier 1 * Michelin, and in Avignon in the Vaucluse at HELEN CATERING (as assistant and then team leader).
Then worked 3 years at PAQUET CRUISE LINE, as assistant pantry chef and roaster (1year) and roaster team leader; challenging responsibilities for a 20 year old.
After the cruises, with the help of a chef colleague from Avignon, I secured my first employment as chef cuisine at LE SAMOYEDE in Morzine (Haute Savoie) for two years, after which I traveled to Mexico for six months of adventure.
Back in France, I took the position of head chef or as I like to say, chef of the chef/owner: Mr. Maurice Catoni at CARIBOU restaurant in Marseille and Porticciolo (Corsican) 2 * Michelin until 1978. At this restaurant, by the grace of Mr. Maurice, I learned rigor, accuracy, the culture of expanded tastes, perfect cooking times, knowledge and respect for the product, (fish, shellfish, game, local cuisine etc. .): true French cuisine. I am constantly grateful for my education and training by this great chef.
Then again the taste of adventure travel and this time it is America: Brazil, the Caribbean, and Costa Rica since 1986. Married to a beautiful Costa Rican woman and mother of our three children, I set down roots in this country that warmly welcomed me. I worked four years at Hotel Tyrol in the hills of the province of Heredia, then in 1994 Mr. Eldon and Lory Cook, hotel owners of GRANO DE ORO engaged me as chef de cuisine and a new adventure began. I was highly encouraged to always reach for higher accomplishments; I participated in several training courses and advanced classes of cuisine:
- Restaurant WENGER (SWITZERLAND) 2 * Michelin 10 day training course
- Restaurant L `L` HOSTEL ILL, 3 * Michelin Chef Marc Haeberlins (Alsace) 8 day training course
- Course at LENOTRE SCHOOL: fish according to Joel Robuchon. 35 hours
- Restaurant DROUANT (PARIS). 2 * Michelin Chef Jean Luis Grondart, 12 day training course
- Le Crocodile (Strasbourg), 2 * Michelin Chef Emile Jung, 7 day training course[/li]
- Restaurant EL CELLER DE CAN ROCA (Girona Spain), 3 * Michelin Chef Joan Roca, 21 day training course
- And “GRANO DE ORO” adventure continues….