Most new members join through recommendation by friends who are already members, but it is also possible to obtain information directly through our regional branches (or Bailliages as they are referred to within the Chaîne).
Chaîne membership offers great opportunities to meet people who share a common interest in fine dining and good friendship. Members are also made to feel especially welcome when patronizing Chaîne member establishments such as hotels and restaurants. Members also support and encourage the training to the highest standards of the next generation of chefs and sommeliers.
There are two types of Chaîne membership. Membership of the Chaîne is by invitation:
- Professional Member: is classified as a member who owns or works in either a hotel or restaurant, such as a Hotel Owner, Hotel Director, General Manager or a Chef;
- Non-Professional Member: is classified as an amateur member who does not own or work in a hotel or restaurant. All other professions and business sectors fall into this member category.
Once Head Office receives the membership application, your membership card entitles you to attend any events locally or internationally as well as the opportunity for a vote at the Annual General Meeting.
At an induction ceremony, the new member is formally received into the Society and receives the appropriate coloured ribbon and diploma. Both Professional and Non-Professional members have the chance to meet at Chaîne events locally, nationally and internationally and we strongly encourage our non-professional members to discover and visit member establishments.
Grand Chapitres, events when members are inducted, are two to three-day events held annually in most countries.
All Bailliages offer fine dining events, often black tie, in the best local restaurants and hotels. The menus and dishes are created exclusively for these dinners by the chefs, many of whom are also members of the Chaîne. This interaction between our professional and amateur members distinguishes the Chaîne from other organizations.
For a listing of forthcoming Bailliage de Costa Rica events, visit the Events section of our website.
Why Become a Member?
Member of an international network and community with over 25,000 members worldwide.
- More than 70 nationalities represented
- Prestigious international association involved in the world of gastronomy
- Numerous opportunities to participate throughout the year in events organized all over the world
- Special welcome extended to members dining or staying at professional member restaurant and hotel establishments
- Possibility to make reservations directly to those professional member establishments via the Chaîne official website
- Access allowing members worldwide to connect and make contact when travelling and visiting abroad (with those members who have given their approval to be contacted)
- Free subscription to the Chaîne International Magazine
- Awards and recognition for members who have a number of years of continuous Chaîne membership
- Direct contact with wine and restaurant professionals
- Chapter events with organized cultural visits, excursions and private guided tours
- Opportunity to participate and contribute to humanitarian activities and programmes which the ACCR
(Association Caritative de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs), our charitable foundation, are directly involved in
- Membership is transferable and recognized internationally (where the Chaîne is present)
- Email Chaîne members
- Access the Chaîne’s ‘Social Network’
We welcome all new members. Please contact your local Bailliage. Your Bailli will send you an application form and assist you throughout the registration process.